Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stealth

What a busy week I have been having! I have been anything but stealth. I've had plans every night this week, which is extremely different than my "one social event per month" calendar I am used to. Tuesday night's stitch and bitch was exceptionally remarkable. I took my big girl knitting project, the sock, and I hope that impressed a few people. It is working up very quickly, and I need to go ahead and finish it while I am still motivated to make its mate. Check it!


I had to go to stitch and bitch by myself since I know a whole bunch of flaky knitters who didn't want to go, but it is so easy to make friends there, that it didn't really matter. So I got there, pulled out my sock, grabbed a glass of wine and everything fell into place. I hung out with some other girls who are planning on going to Wakarusa (which I bought my parking pass for yesterday...finally) and we did some amazing brainstorming of knitted things that would be useful at a giant hippie music festival. We went through projects like water bottle slings, summer scarves, koozies and landed on knitting ourselves a smocked dress to wear.

Loosely based on a baby's smocked dress in Kristin's Aware Knits book, we are going to knit a smocked banded top, and then the plan is to pick up stitches along the bottom and knit the rest of it to a desired length. We will have to come up with some way to include straps, but as I develop this semi-homemade pattern, I will post some photos or sketches. Look for the completed project next summer (realistically).

My favorite development at stitch and bitch this week was a new project reveal - a stealthly project which I am not at liberty to discuss. I will just post this photo and let you draw your own conclusions.


No comments:

Post a Comment