Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Resolutions


And so it begins. The summer of Mallory. Memorial weekend last weekend got me thinking about all the good times I wanted to have this summer, especially now that I am really getting into the swing of summers in Fayetteville.


So with the official start of summer behind me, I hereby proclaim this summer the Summer of Mallory, and so here I state my resolutions for the upcoming months.
  • Watch more movies
  • Finish a smocked knitted garment
  • Less smokin', more jokin' (just kidding, I don't smoke I just heard that phrase on TV and I liked it.)
  • Actually remember the concerts I have coming up
  • Take/Sign up for a GRE class
This past weekend, I discovered Redbox movies. Genius! I watched Up In The Air, The Blind Side, Sherlock Holmes and Vicky Christina Barcelona. All great ones, except for Up In The Air, it was depressing from start to finish. I am going to take the GRE this fall and depending on how well that goes, I want to enroll in a grad school program. Resolution numero tres is probably going to be the most difficult as Wakarusa is coming up in two days and the Old 97's are at George's on July 31. I'm not looking forward to a Shooter Jennings 2006 escapade again. 

Overall, I think this summer will be a success if I end up scrapping all of my resolutions except for finishing my smocked garment. I am working on a large ribbed tube that, once it reaches the desired length, will be incorporated with some contrasting elastic to make a smocked bandeau top, or the waistband of a skirt. Since I have no grasp on gauging for this type of garment, I will just have to see what I want it to be after it gets about 8 inches long. Oh yeah, and I would like to finish my quilt sometime soon. 

When I get back, look for a new post about hippie awesome crafts from Wakarusa. I hope I don't go too crazy buying tie-dye and hand knits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment