Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Socks


Check your clocks, it’s time to make socks! Not time for frocks, or time for smocks ‘cause the time to make socks is the time that rocks!

I broke into my stash of free yarn from Sarah (thanks again!) to start these cool self-striping socks. Following a pattern in a book I have had since I was young, I cast on 48 stitches using sock weight yarn, and using 2x2 ribbing I started forming the leg part of the sock. Instead of getting a nice wide opening to accommodate my whole giant foot and ankle, I have a small opening fit for golf club, more specifically, a putter. Realistically, I think the width will work fine in the end, especially with the stretchy ribbing, but right now it looks a little blood-flow-blocking tight.

Rest assured, you’ll look like a fox in these cozy striped socks. Or you could put them in a box, secure it with some locks, and take them down the block to your small-footed friend Dave.

Hopefully my socks will also help me gain some street-cred at the next Stitch & Bitch. OK, I know I am a dork.

The next project I am going to start is for my precious niece Elliot. She needs a new knitted garment from her Auntie Jo Jo to model on the baby circuit in Southern California. The front-running project is this sun dress/tank top from Lion Brand, sans the flowers. Those look dumb. I will probably pick up some cute buttons and put them along the chest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment